Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook google youtube

Author Topic: Guide to signs  (Read 4756 times)

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Main Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 259
  • Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.Fedgar_Lurch has ascended.
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
Guide to signs
« on: January 29, 2015, 03:43:56 PM »
A guide to signs

Chapter one: Coloured signs and effects.

- Ever wondered how to get those shiny colours onto your signs ? Well wonder no more. Here is a simple guide to use them.
 - To use these colours in game simply remove the "." in between the "&" and the given letter/number (&1, &2, &3, &4 ...)

Note- The third line is &r and resets the effect allowing for multiple colours/effects to be visible on the same line
Note - The fourth line is &k and in game creates a series of random letters/numbers that change rapidly.

- Source :Minecraft Colour Guide

---------------------------------------------------------
Before you start reading what comes next, you must make sure to know what an item ID is. So basically it's a numerical value wich defines an item, each item has certain digits that define it, you can know that digit by holding the item in hand and using /itemdb in-game, there are a handfull of websites that include item IDs aswell (Minecraft ID list.). When selling items that have an ID that contains " : ", replace it on the sign with a full stop or a comma, so in the case of pink dye (351:9) it should become 315,9 on the sign.

Chapter Two: Trade Signs.

- Trading signs are very key to making a shop of your own, there are two kinds of trading signs : Sell signs and Buy signs.

1. Sell signs.

A sell sign consists of the following:
[Trade]
$Price
Quantity ID:Storage
  • Price: The amount of money you want to sell the item for.
  • Quantity: How much of that item you're selling at a time.
  • ID: Item ID. In order to know it hold the item in your hand and use /itemdb.
  • Storage: How much items are left for sale. You can add more by right clicking the sign with the item in hand.

How to retrieve money ?
- Just right click (Or press the key you've binded to item use) the Sell Sign with an empty hand to get money from it.

I.E:
[Trade]
$5
64 262:128

This sign is selling 64 arrows ( 262 ) for 5$. It still has 128 arrows inside of it that can be sold.

2. Buy signs:
A buy sign consists of the following:
[Trade]
Amount ID
$Price:Budget
Amount: How much are you buying at each time.
ID: Item id. Hold the item in your hand and use /itemdb, or go to the link before the chapter two.
Price: How much you're paying.
Budget: How much you're putting into that sign if it hits 0 then you can no longer buy anything.

I.E:

- This sign is buying 1 Diamond(264) for 50$; the player's budget it 300.

How to retrieve items ?

- Just right click (Or press the key you've binded to item use) the Buy Sign with an empty hand to get the items you've bought through it.

3. Notes of Chapter Two:
  • Breaking a Sell Sign will result in retrieving the remaining stored items depending on how much space is left in your inventory.
  • Breaking a Buy Sign will result in retrieving the money remaining in the sign.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Three: Storing EXP, money banks.

- These signs store exp and money. They're basically banks that only you can access. How do they work ? By putting 7 or bedrock in item ID you're enabling users that have Bedrock to take from that sign, however no one can ever get bedrock in survival unless they spawn it in wich never happens. So just make sure to never use /unlock on these signs as anyone can break them and retrieve the exp/money.

1.Exp Storage:

- This sign is storing 98 xp. 98 is how much exp you're storing, you can just change it.

2.Money bank:

3.Chapter three notes:
  • ID: Bedrock or 7 are essential for this do not change them.
  • Breaking the sign is the only way of retrieving what you stored.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Four: Exp trading.

- You can use the buy and sell signs to buy and sell exp. If you wish to know how much exp you have use /exp in-game.

1.Exp Selling:

Exp selling is the same as selling an item, just replace item ID with exp/xp.

- So this signs is selling 825 exp for 500$. It still has 825 in it for sale.

2.Exp Buying:

- Exp Buying is the same as buying an item. Just replace item ID with exp/xp.

- This sign is buying 825 exp for 500$, the player's budget is 500.

Special Thanks to Roadkill for starting this guide.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 02:13:34 AM by Migas »
-- Fedgar

roadkill919

• Reputation Power: 24
  • roadkill919 is working their way up.roadkill919 is working their way up.roadkill919 is working their way up.
    • View Profile
Re: Guide to signs
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 04:58:56 PM »
got to say you definitely spruced that up a lot :3 and saved my lazy backside from completing the other chapters so thanks for that! :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:10:40 PM by Roadkill919 »

c0d3br3ak3r

• Reputation Power: 18
  • c0d3br3ak3r barely matters.c0d3br3ak3r barely matters.
  • I am Ziltoid the Omniscient!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 07:06:38 PM »
Can you fill signs with items or exp without breaking the signs?

They call me Mr Knowitall. I will not compromise. I will not be told what to do. I will not step aside.

Fjerreiro

• Emperor of Incendium
  • Senior Admin
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Fjerreiro has an aura about them.Fjerreiro has an aura about them.Fjerreiro has an aura about them.Fjerreiro has an aura about them.Fjerreiro has an aura about them.Fjerreiro has an aura about them.Fjerreiro has an aura about them.Fjerreiro has an aura about them.Fjerreiro has an aura about them.Fjerreiro has an aura about them.
  • ~Lex Talionis~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 07:31:32 PM »
Can you fill signs with items or exp without breaking the signs?
Expierence, no.
Items, yes. Right click the sign with the item in your hand to fill it up again.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:56:22 PM by Fjerreiro »

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Senior Admin
  • Reputation Power: 89
  • The Carrot is leading the good life!The Carrot is leading the good life!The Carrot is leading the good life!The Carrot is leading the good life!The Carrot is leading the good life!The Carrot is leading the good life!The Carrot is leading the good life!The Carrot is leading the good life!The Carrot is leading the good life!The Carrot is leading the good life!The Carrot is leading the good life!
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 08:47:17 PM »
I had to scroll up to check if it was there. It was indeed there code. Ban code for making me use my thumb to scroll up D=
But seriously. Feel free to ask if you find anything vague :)

abehaw

• Reputation Power: 7
  • abehaw has almost no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 03:40:32 AM »
how is it possible to sell and buy bed rock when u cant even mine it ?_?  :-\   ::)
if u are looking for me I'm probably fishing at vainilla_love or killing pigmens. to complete ur goals-----> keep on trying!!!!!!!

Migas

• Main Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 319
  • Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 03:47:34 AM »
how is it possible to sell and buy bed rock when u cant even mine it ?_?  :-\   ::)

That is the point of the bank sign. Since you cannot obtain it, you can safely keep money and XP on it without worrying about people taking it out.
When Migas isn't out building and designing new arenas, he enjoys long walks in the mycelium and planting lovely red mushrooms. Specializing in player relations, he is the man to go to when you have a problem. But watch out! He tends to be a bit clumsy when it comes to handling something explosive!

Roos Skywalker

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Roos Skywalker is not a true Sentinel.
  • Aspiring novelist and IT student
    • View Profile
    • Roos Skywalker on Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 11:22:26 AM »
When you break an item sign and it contains more items than you have space in your inventory, what happens with the excess items?
You should not be proud nor ashamed of your condition, you should be proud on how you deal with it.

sacstanxiang

• Reputation Power: 1
  • sacstanxiang has almost no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »
When you break an item sign and it contains more items than you have space in your inventory, what happens with the excess items?
still in the sign
It will only deduce the item it has filled in your inv.
You grow when you feel pain, but where do you grow?
It's not on me, it's on you.

Roos Skywalker

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Roos Skywalker is not a true Sentinel.
  • Aspiring novelist and IT student
    • View Profile
    • Roos Skywalker on Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 05:56:30 PM »
This great guide needs a sticky!
You should not be proud nor ashamed of your condition, you should be proud on how you deal with it.

Migas

• Main Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 319
  • Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.Migas has ascended.
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 06:47:42 PM »
This great guide needs a sticky!

This guide is easily accessed Ingame through command
When Migas isn't out building and designing new arenas, he enjoys long walks in the mycelium and planting lovely red mushrooms. Specializing in player relations, he is the man to go to when you have a problem. But watch out! He tends to be a bit clumsy when it comes to handling something explosive!

Luminous_Hands

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Luminous_Hands has almost no influence.
  • Low spec gamer xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 05:22:47 PM »
Its very useful xD
~ She Sells Sea Shells by the Sea Shore ~

SherlockH

• Reputation Power: 2
  • SherlockH has almost no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 06:08:25 AM »
another trick for money/exp storage
what i usually put in instead of bedrock (7) is an unreasonable trade
e.g.
Code: [Select]
[trade]
1 diamond
$1: XXXXX

in this case Im storing XXXXX dollar in the sign and I'm buying 1 diamond for $1. So even if someone actually accesses the sign and trade it, I loose $1 to get 1 diamond... which isn't really that bad for me :P
Poppies are red
Diamonds are blue
This poem does not rhyme
<-- give me a <3 there too