Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube

Author Topic: Voting Shop Update Feedback!  (Read 216 times)

Offline The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Main Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 130
  • The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.The Carrot has ascended.
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
Voting Shop Update Feedback!
« on: November 18, 2021, 07:22:02 PM »
Voting Shop Update - We Need Your Feedback!

Hello SentinelCraft!

We've gone through and brainstormed what we could do to expand on our awesome community and reach a wider Minecraft audience to discover us and become part of the history of Sentinelcraft.
As you may have noticed, our cast of members has become more and more scarce and we'd like to change that. We'd like to see new faces that could be the next Senior Member, donator, special or even part of the staff team. As such, we thought of expanding our voting options to more popular and diverse voting websites while still keeping the current ones we have. You've noticed that we are operating a new voting plugin after our departure from Enjin, and this gives us the possibility to do a lot more!

We do know that for a lot of the player base there simply just isn't enough good reason to vote for 5 voting websites that already exist, let alone more (Although helping the server grow should be a good reason).
For this reason we thought to make the voting process more appealing and rewarding, for starters:
- We will expand the monthly prize winners from 5 people to 8.
- We will be working on an additional VoteShop which utilizes Vote Points. You get 1 Vote Point per website.

While we've had the TokenShop as our own customized voting shop, we also wanted to make use of the Vote Shop that comes with the voting plugin. This means that you'll be spending your Vote Points separate from the tokens you receive.
This vote shop would ideally have items that you guys want, special accesses, commands for x period.. Whatever comes to mind as desirable and valuable to the community.

Since we don't want to make such decisions ourselves and then receive feedback/new additions from members later on, we thought it would be best to get member suggestions from the get go.
We want to hear what you want to see as Voting rewards to be sold in the vote shop, a few notable examples:
Token for more towny claim blocks, token for more horizon claim blocks, a month fly in resource world, a token for a small chest backpack, NPC token, Hologram token, Disguises etc.

To keep things short, here is the 3 essential points of the post that we want to convey to you:

- We are looking to make the community bigger by getting higher up in ranks of minecraft server websites.
- We are looking at improving the quality of voting rewards through community feedback.
- We are going to have 2 Voting Shops, one utilizes Vote Points and will hold more valuable rewards, the other will be the good old TokenShop which will still hold the old rewards including Head Tokens.

Please reply to this post with your suggestions, replies and anything you'd like to ask us. We look forward to reading your feedback!

Offline Dr_MineStein

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Dr_MineStein has almost no influence.
  • God-Level Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Shop Update Feedback!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 07:46:34 PM »
Hello,

I think this is a good idea, as we need more members and more incentives to get people to vote.
Things that would be nice to be added are listed below (in order of preference):

1. NPC Token - I feel that this is too much a rare thing and that getting a hold of one via crates is impossible and the only other time is during the Easter Egg Hunts. It would be amazing if it could be added to the Vote Shop. Difficulty in getting it isn't something I'd want to specifically mention and I will leave it to you guys to decide the price.

2. Towny claim blocks - With the new towny tax changes, a lot of towns have run into overclaim upkeep, and it would be a cool incentive for mayors to get voting and also increase town claim limit.

3. Hologram Token - I mean, why not xD

4. Piglin/Guardian egg - In addition to the existing token shop we can also buy piglin eggs with Voting points, not sure if an item can be available in two places at the same time.

5. Netherite Ingot - Netherite is pretty hard to get and would be nice to be available in the vote shop, albeit we might run into an economy breaking situation where people buy ingots from the shop and sell them to others and staff would have another headache to monitor.

This is my opinion on it.

-Regards, Doc
reality called so i hung up

Offline jim

• Reputation Power: 2
  • jim has almost no influence.
  • I try to be cool... I'm not very good at it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 08:46:19 PM »
Hello,

I think this is a good idea, as we need more members and more incentives to get people to vote.
Things that would be nice to be added are listed below (in order of preference):

1. NPC Token - I feel that this is too much a rare thing and that getting a hold of one via crates is impossible and the only other time is during the Easter Egg Hunts. It would be amazing if it could be added to the Vote Shop. Difficulty in getting it isn't something I'd want to specifically mention and I will leave it to you guys to decide the price.

2. Towny claim blocks - With the new towny tax changes, a lot of towns have run into overclaim upkeep, and it would be a cool incentive for mayors to get voting and also increase town claim limit.

3. Hologram Token - I mean, why not xD

4. Piglin/Guardian egg - In addition to the existing token shop we can also buy piglin eggs with Voting points, not sure if an item can be available in two places at the same time.

5. Netherite Ingot - Netherite is pretty hard to get and would be nice to be available in the vote shop, albeit we might run into an economy breaking situation where people buy ingots from the shop and sell them to others and staff would have another headache to monitor.

This is my opinion on it.

-Regards, Doc

I agree. with all if this but the NPC Token. Using Doc's point of it being a rare item is what's makes it so unique to see. I feel that instead there should be a Crate Token. That could give you a key for the Crate.
-Jim
Changing my desktop to Sweden's flag.

Offline Horsebagger

• Donator
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Horsebagger has almost no influence.
    • View Profile
    • Femmetal Online
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 06:04:08 PM »
I'm all in on the Towny Claim Blocks! I could use a few!  :)
Looking forward to the end results!
Plant something, anything, nurture it and watch
it grow! You won't believe how great it
will make you feel!

Offline Nick The Builder

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Nick The Builder has almost no influence.
  • Perspective makes any build a beautiful creation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 09:40:36 AM »
Yes what I pretty much want has been stated by Dr_MineStein, those towny claim blocks will be a huge thing for me, the netherite stuff too since I don't spend time mining for them but I understand if it can't be accepted since it is going to be a bad idea for the market.
- Your friendly builder, Nick.